May 27, 2010

The Deed is Done

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:
Now someone tell me that I'm not alone in this. I'm thinking they have to be related in some way. I should ask her (I'm never gonna ask her).

Please don't think I'm making fun of Dr. Shirley, I just can't believe how much she looks like this actress! I think she is adorable.

So I guess you've figured out that Lela went to the doctor. And if you feel like you're in the dark, I mentioned in a couple previous posts that Lela's pediatrician looks like the mom on "That 70s Show"(Debra Jo Rupp). I have been too scared to get a picture of her until now.

Anyway, she had her 2 month appointment and I found out that I apparently do not know how to measure my baby's length. The nurse measured her at 22 1/4 in. I got 21 inches the night before. I doubt she grew an inch and a fourth in one night. She weighed 10 lbs 14 oz which means she has gained 3 pounds since her 2 week appointment! The doctor said she is a little petite for her age but it's nothing that's outside of the normal range.

This visit Lela got her first round of shots and you can see here that she has no idea what's coming.

She fell asleep right before the nurse came in to give her the shots. She really did good. I probably would have cried too :(
I meant to get an after-the-shots picture but she calmed down really quickly. As you can see she was already sleepy and then they gave her children's tylenol which they said would make her drowsy. So needless to say, she slept for a while after we got home.

Oh, a great thing about this visit is we mentioned that Lela might have acid reflux and so they wrote her a prescription and it made all the difference! Before she would spit up two or three times after every feeding and she would get so upset. But now it is so much better. The only thing is she hates the medicine and I have to give it to her twice a day, but it is definitely worth the result.

Well, I'm glad to say we maintained our stellar GPA at the doctor's office and on top of that, the nurse said Lela could be a baby model! So I'd say it was a success :)


4 comments:

Natalie said...

Yay! Morgan is once again an all A's student! Congradulations on your sneaky picture skills! O, and I agree, they do look very similar.

Rachel said...

I/m so glad you asked about her acid reflux!! Poor thing!! When you and Christopher were little, it was called cholic!! It's been around a long time, but not fun. So glad she is getting relief!
Of course she could be a model!! Her eyes have been so expressive, even when she was first born!! Everyone comments on those eyes!!
But we love her so much, no matter what!! You and Nathan are wonderful parents, it's a blessing to watch!! Love, MOM

Shortcake said...

LOL- love that you took her pic! I agree that they do look similar. I love that purple dress-- Lela is so cute!

Anonymous said...

So glad everything went well and of course, she is a beautiful baby. I may have to move in with you this summer, because I miss her (and you two) so much! Can't wait to see you in July. Keep posting, I really enjoy keeping up with your life! (and Lela too)! Love, Mimi