Eli, you are six months old!
(I'm so ashamed I missed 5 months and now I'm doing 6 months really late!)
- You weigh 16.1 pounds and you are 26 inches long.
- You moved up to size 3 diapers last month.
- You are right on the money with clothing sizes so some 3-6 month clothes are too small, but 6 month and 6-9 month clothes fit you well.
- You are starting to babble a lot and you usually say "da da da" when you're really upset, just like your sister.
- You are a squirmin', scootin' and rollin' machine. We can't keep you still! You are actually getting very skilled in your scooting abilities, so much so I can't leave you alone on the floor for even a few seconds because you can go clear across the room!
- You are settling into a routine of going to bed at 9 and getting up around 7, and then you take 1 or 2 naps during the day (although as I write this I'm struggling to get you to nap, but I think it's just one of those days).
- You haven't been interested in sitting up in the past, but you are getting to a point where you'll do it for a minute or two at a time (evidenced by this month's pictures :) ).
- You are starting to enjoy your Johnny Jump-Up but your favorite thing is still rolling on the floor.
- You still breastfeed every 3-4 hours.
- You are eating food twice a day and that includes cereal (rice, oatmeal and whole wheat), squash, zucchini, sweet potatoes, bananas, apples and yogurt. You have even tried some cheerios, but you mostly spit them out.
- You are trying to drink from a sippy cup but you pretty much just chew on it at this point.
- You are still the spit up king. I thought you might have grown out of it by now, but you're still going strong.
- I swear your favorite place is your changing table. That's really always been the case, but I thought you might grow out of it. You love to kick your legs and you always smile really big. You also throw your arms down really quickly like you're trying to keep me from changing your diaper and get my attention, and when I look at you, you just smile and laugh.
- You are in a really grabby stage right now and anything that dangles close to your hands, you grab it and put it in your mouth.
- You are starting to get ticklish and your laugh has definitely gotten bigger.
- You're pretty laid back and only cry when you're tired, dirty or hungry. You don't ever cry for no reason.
It's funny how we can already see your distinct personality. You are such a boy even down to your little grunts. I can just imagine the fun you and your sister will have in the years to come! I'm pretty sure I say this every month but it's crazy how much you've changed and grown! You are a sweet, loving boy and your daddy and I love you so much!
(Just FYI, this is a genuine five-month picture and not just a tricky wardrobe change to fool you. I took the pictures, just didn't write the blog post.)