May 25, 2011
May 24, 2011
- Pray that they will keep the faith and will be guarded against discouragement.
- Pray that the Lord will reveal to them the impact they have made and that they may see the fruit of their labor.
- Pray that they are able connect with a community of believers to encourage them.
- Pray that the Lord constantly gives them the courage to share their faith and gives them the words to say to the people.
May 23, 2011
May 22, 2011
May 21, 2011
May 20, 2011
- Pray that the Lord softens the hearts of these people.
- Pray they begin to realize their need for a Savior.
- Pray that they have the courage to follow the truth, despite the inevitable consequences.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit gives Nathan and Andrew the words to say to the people.
- Pray mostly that whatever happens this week glorifies the Lord and furthers His name.
May 19, 2011
The largest, most dominant and most quickly growing population, are divided among themselves on a number of levels. Pray for changes in these realms:
- Economic. The ruling party’s affirmative action of the last 40 years has enriched a minority of the population, while increasing the gap between the connected elite and the poorer majority. Such discrimination and favoritism now hobbles economic progress as well as foreign investment.
- Political. The ruling party faces an opposition coalition comprised of moderates, liberals, Chinese ethnic parties and even Islamists. This indicates the level of disillusion with the government. The next election will demonstrate if the coalition’s recent strong showing is based on large-scale change or is just a protest vote against the party. Appeasing both the minorities and conservative Muslims, while holding the country together, is a difficult balancing act.
- Religious. Powerful and vocal Islamist agendas are resulting in passing legislations on state and federal levels that effectively introduce sharia law for the people and deepen the divide between Islamic radicals and moderates/liberals. Many rural people practice a folk Islam influenced by pre-Islamic Hindu and Buddhist elements as well as animist practices; they will inevitably be pushed into adopting a “purer” version of Islam.
Minority groups feel frustrated with discrimination and corruption as well as with changes to civil and religious liberties. Some seek legal and political solutions, but others plan for a future outside the country – a potentially tragic loss of diversity and economic clout for a land that has long prided itself on both.
May 18, 2011
May 17, 2011
- Pray that they sleep well when they get the chance.
- Pray that they don't lose anything and if they do that it can be easily replaced.
- Pray for safe travel.
- Pray for no delayed or cancelled flights and no schedule changes.
- Pray that they keep their spirits high and are constantly reminded of the purpose for their trip.