May 28, 2010
May 27, 2010
So I guess you've figured out that Lela went to the doctor. And if you feel like you're in the dark, I mentioned in a couple previous posts that Lela's pediatrician looks like the mom on "That 70s Show"(Debra Jo Rupp). I have been too scared to get a picture of her until now.
Anyway, she had her 2 month appointment and I found out that I apparently do not know how to measure my baby's length. The nurse measured her at 22 1/4 in. I got 21 inches the night before. I doubt she grew an inch and a fourth in one night. She weighed 10 lbs 14 oz which means she has gained 3 pounds since her 2 week appointment! The doctor said she is a little petite for her age but it's nothing that's outside of the normal range.
This visit Lela got her first round of shots and you can see here that she has no idea what's coming.
She fell asleep right before the nurse came in to give her the shots. She really did good. I probably would have cried too :(
I meant to get an after-the-shots picture but she calmed down really quickly. As you can see she was already sleepy and then they gave her children's tylenol which they said would make her drowsy. So needless to say, she slept for a while after we got home.
Oh, a great thing about this visit is we mentioned that Lela might have acid reflux and so they wrote her a prescription and it made all the difference! Before she would spit up two or three times after every feeding and she would get so upset. But now it is so much better. The only thing is she hates the medicine and I have to give it to her twice a day, but it is definitely worth the result.
Well, I'm glad to say we maintained our stellar GPA at the doctor's office and on top of that, the nurse said Lela could be a baby model! So I'd say it was a success :)
May 23, 2010
- You are 10.5 lbs (according to my bathroom scale) and 21 inches long (I think I overshot the length last month).
- You still wear some newborn clothes but you also fit in some 0-3 months clothes.
- You are very adept at holding your head up but it's not a full-time thing just yet.
- You are still sleeping good at night and frequently sleep through the night. You usually sleep at least six hours at night.
- You eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours during the day and you eat every 6 or 7 hours at night.
- You do good drinking out of a bottle and you love to go places.
- You stayed in the nursery at church for the first time today.
- You have begun to recognize mine and daddy's faces and you will always smile back when someone smiles at you.
- You like to talk and you have daily conversations with daddy and I.