May 18, 2010

Busy Weekend and Surprise Delivery

Let me go ahead and warn you that this post is ridiculously long and overly descriptive, so read at your own risk.

This weekend we took Lela on her first trip! We met my parents (Grammie and Pawpaw, we will now be using the names Lela will call everyone), and my brother and sister-in-law (Uncle Christopher and Aunt Laura Beth) at the lake house and just hung out on Friday and Saturday morning. She did good in the car and only started crying 30 minutes out. Unfortunately it was raining most of the time but we still got a little jet ski and boating time.

Of course, I didn't take any pictures. But my parents did so hopefully they'll send me some (hint, hint).

Then we spent Saturday afternoon with Nathan's mom (Grandma), brother (Uncle Drew) and soon to be sister-in-law (Aunt Danielle). We had dinner at Babes which was my first experience there and I would definitely recommend it :)

Then Sunday morning was baby dedication so I spent the morning praying that Lela would be in a good mood while we stood on the stage for everyone to see. We had lots of family there including Grammie and Pawpaw, Grandma, Uncle Christopher and Aunt Laura Beth and Great Uncle David and Great Aunt Kathy (we might need to come up with some abbreviations, phew!). Again no pictures of this momentous occasion but in my defense every day is a momentous occasion with an infant. We did video the service but it's probably a pretty big snooze-fest unless you are related to Lela. So I will proceed to describe Lela on that day.

She had on the cutest pastel floral dress with fancy white socks and a BIG white bow (I figured it needed to be seen from the back row). She was the star of the show (because we only go to church to be seen) and there was one non-relative, who will remain nameless, who agrees with that statement, so it's not bias (I think that's how that works).

In all seriousness it was a very nice service and I think the pastor had a lot of good things to say (I was too busy praying that we'd be spared embarrassment to listen). I did hear him say that children are a gift from God and it is only fitting that in return we dedicate their lives back to God. He emphasized that this does not have any saving power but it is rather a commitment between parents and God to raise their child in the way of the Lord.

God answered my prayers and Lela was perfect. She was wide awake and looking at everyone in the congregation and didn't make a sound. It couldn't have been any better, PTL!

My weekend then extended on to Monday because Grandma stayed in town and Lela and I went shopping Monday afternoon with her and Aunt Danielle. Danielle and I found some cute clothes at Kohl's but somehow we left without getting anything for Lela. Poor thing, she just doesn't have any clothes. Maybe next time.

Then, miracle of miracles, this showed up today!
No, I didn't have to install it myself. I snapped a picture after they hauled it inside and said they would be right back with their tools. (I got a picture of the dishwasher, but not my child. I might have an issue with priorities).

The maintenance men definitely caught me off guard. It was one of those days where I stayed in my pajamas because Lela kept me up half the night, so they probably thought I was a little unbalanced. Then while they were getting their tools I spent entirely too much time overanalyzing whether I should put some regular clothes on. If I do change clothes they might think that I'm trying to look good for them. If I don't change clothes they will think I think it's okay to hang out in my pajamas with people at my house. I eventually decided to change clothes but spent way too long deciding what to put on. My mind is exhaustingly complex.

I'm so glad to have this modern convenience back in my life, but in reality it may just be one less excuse I can use to explain why the kitchen is a mess.

No comments: