May 11, 2010

The Cake of my Life

This is the cake of my life!

Now, you might think this looks like a spice cake with raisins, but if you seriously think I would dub that the cake of my life, then you don't know me at all! That is yellow cake with chocolate and vanilla pudding mix and chocolate chips. As you can see, it was so good, there was no time to get a picture of the entire cake. It almost looks better this way though because you can see the chocolate chips. YUM :)~

My mouth is watering just looking at the picture, but sadly as I write this post, the cake is completely gone. But before you judge me too harshly, this cake was actually made thursday last week and my husband helped quite a bit :) And because I want you to share in this glorious concoction, here is the recipe:

Catherine's Chocolate Cake

1/2 cup water
1/2 cup oil
3 eggs
1 yellow cake mix
1 instant chocolate pudding
1 instant vanilla pudding
6 oz chocolate chips

Mix ingredients together. Pour into sprayed bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Check with toothpick for doneness.

My cousin Robin gave me this recipe at a wedding shower where everyone brought recipes and ingredients to help me make the recipes. I can't believe it took me three years to make this!

Of course when I decided to make this I didn't have everything I needed, so I had to go to the store. I greatly underestimated the complexity of fitting an infant car seat and a full list of groceries into one cart. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of my escapade, but I took a picture of everything when I got back so you could at least imagine how difficult it would be to get all this in one cart.
Some of the stuff was falling out of the bottom of the cart as I walked to my car, so I definitely looked like a spaz, but I'm always pretty spastic.

So the moral of the story is, if you see a woman with a full load of groceries and an infant car seat in her cart, she needs your help! Well also the moral is to make the cake, but I think that goes without saying ;)

No comments: