May 22, 2010

Crazy Thursday

Thursday started off pretty normal but by 2:00 in the afternoon, the tornado siren was going off. I was aware of the approaching storm but I decided a long single tone does not a tornado siren make. Besides that, the weather man had just told me that the storm was not capable of producing a tornado.

But then Nathan called me to inform me that there was indeed a tornado on the ground just a few miles away and then he filmed this on his iPhone.

First of all, let me say that I love the fact that right after he calls me to tell me to take shelter he goes outside to film the tornado. I also love that he casually remarks that the tornado is probably right over our house. I'm sure he knew it wasn't really over the house and that it was a very weak tornado.

Yes, we are all okay and there was no damage from the tornado. It's actually kinda cool that Nathan was able to get such good video from the church, but I don't think I would've been that brave.

After the storm passed, the pastor's wife (Sara) and I decided it was a good time to get a pedicure. Actually we had already planned our little outing but it's sounds so nonchalant to say we went to get a pedicure after the tornado. We wouldn't have done it if it had been a more serious event.

At the nail salon, a very well-endowed woman walked in wearing a spaghetti strap camisole and leaned over right in front of Sara's daughter (she came with us). Sara then texted me and said she wondered what her daughter was thinking.

Then on my way home from the salon I realized I left my phone at the place so I dropped by the church to leave Lela with Nathan while I went to pick up my phone. When I picked it up I noticed I had a text from Sara. After I dropped her and her daughter off she texted me to say her daughter said "That girl's boobs were humongous . . . like as big as my head!"

I responded to Sara and told her I had left my phone at the nail salon. I didn't put it together at first but after Sara responded in horror, we both realized that not only did we now know what her daughter thought, but so did the people working at the nail salon who were holding it for me at the front :) Oh well, I say they were all thinking the same thing anyway.

So later that night Nathan and I decided to go to Walmart to pick up a few things (which always turns into a lot of things). About five minutes and 10 aisles into the trip I notice my blouse is unbuttoned! Not like one button, ALL OF THEM! Now granted it was a henley so there weren't buttons all the way down, just enough to expose my entire bra. Just picture Phoebe on the episode of Friends when she tries to seduce Chandler to get him to admit he's in a relationship with Monica and she unbuttons her blouse. Yes, that bad! I had left it unbuttoned after feeding Lela and I totally forgot about it.

So we went down a secluded aisle and I put my shirt back on. Then we couldn't seem to find anything that we were looking for. Who would've thought the honey was on the coffee aisle. And here we are on the laundry aisle looking for Scotch Guard.

Nathan looks way too happy to portray just how chaotic this trip was. Maybe it's because I took the picture after we found the Scotch Guard (next to the carpet cleaners) or because he simply asked me to take his picture using the baby carrier at Walmart.

Anyway, by this time we decided we needed a cart because we couldn't hold everything (no, we didn't get one when we walked in because we were only getting a few things, remember?). So we ran back to the front of the store and then ran to the back of the store to get the rest of the things we needed and got outta there.

See? Crazy day. Tornados, boobs and well more boobs (I just realized the last two items on that list pretty much describe everyday for Lela).

Well, time to go. We're headed to Cheesecake Factory to celebrate Great Uncle David's birthday. Peace out and remember to button your shirt ;)

1 comment:

Carla said...

I love reading your blog. You are hilarious!