March 9, 2010

Morgan and Nathan's Day of Fun!

So, ever since I found out I was pregnant in July, I knew I wanted to start up my blog again. Because of the simple fact that I knew the grandmothers would want frequent updates on the grandchild and because I thought this would be a good way to scrapbook our lives, I knew I needed to get back into it. But I wanted to wait until things calmed down a little bit and I felt like I was ready to really commit to this. Well, tomorrow is my last day of work at the Seminary and I will be starting a new chapter in my life, so I thought this was as good a time as any. But I do feel like I should resolve the cliff hanger I left everyone with in my previous post, before I can truly move on.

Alright, I have been promising this post for about . . . well since I'm too ashamed to do the math I'm thinking you can figure the numbers for yourself because the post containing said promise is right below this one. I originally thought I would forget about posting about this event but I couldn't bear to go back on my promise to post about this event and Nathan put so much work into this trip that I feel like I should do it justice, so here it is:

So, I have known for a few weeks that Nathan had a surprise in store for me for Friday. He asked me to get off work early that day and we would go do something unknown. You should know that I have always had very little faith in Nathan's ability to surprise me. He always gets so excited that he leaks just enough details for me to figure out what's going on. But this time around, I had no idea what was in store.

So at 12:30 Nathan picked me up in the rented Jeep which he claimed would add to the excitement of the day's events. I honestly thought he was taking me off-roading but needless to say I was way off.

So we started driving. . .

When I left for work on Friday, Nathan mentioned that I might want a change of clothes for our little surprise event. So I changed "covertly" in the car.
I tried to figure out where we were going by looking at the road signs, but I think I seriously overestimated my knowledge of Texas geography.
At some point along some Texas highway (I was really on top of the whole mapping out our location gig), we took the top off the Jeep.Shortly afterwards, we arrived here: Fossil Rim Wildlife Center. (At this point I'm still not completely sure of the nature of this trip, but it would soon become clear.)We got a bag of feed . . .
and as we made our way down the path . . .
I realized how awesome this place was! (I have to say this ostrich is demonic. He was determined to peck out my eyes!)Look how close he got to me! Yes, his head is inside the car! At this point I'm realizing how having a vehicle like a Jeep changes the experience at the wildlife center (by putting your life in danger!)We saw many animals up close and personal.But the best part was the giraffe . . . because . . . yep, he dropped in from the roof of the car to eat out of our hands. That was the coolest experience ever!

I feel way better now that I have resolved that cliff hanger from a year and a half ago! Now I feel like I can move on to more recent events. I hope it was worth the wait, (but somehow I'm thinking it wasn't . . . )

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Thank goodness. I can finally get a good night's sleep. Sounds like a fun time. Did you guys also walk in the dinosair tracks? Because when my family visited Fossil Rim (circa 1993) I have a distinct memory of walking in the dinosaur footprints.