July 1, 2010

Catch up time!

So, I had a post almost completely written out a week ago, but it has been left hanging all this time because we left that night for my parents lake house to celebrate 4th of July. Honestly, I could've finished before we left but I didn't want it to sound rushed and uninspired, but at this point, well it might sound rushed and uninspired. So here is my post from last week and an update on my 4th of July weekend will be forthcoming.


Last Tuesday, I had a farewell lunch for one of my work friends, Emily, who is moving to Alabama this weekend. She wanted to see Lela and me one more time before she had to leave.


But a couple of hours before the lunch, Emily informed me that our friend Rachel had “big boyed” her way into our lunch date because she hadn’t met Lela yet. But I was so glad she did!

Lela is definitely pooping in this picture with Rachel :)


They are both such sweet friends and I hope we can all keep in touch.

Last week and the week before, we were hanging out with Grandma!

After seeing an abundance of cute fabric at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago, I decided I wanted to learn to sew and make Lela cute dresses out of cute fabric. At first I attempted to hand sew a pillowcase dress, but I decided that was a disaster waiting to happen and I needed so real skills. So Grandma brought her sewing machine and showed me a few things.

Here is my finished pillowcase dress after rescuing it from my disastrous hand sewing skills.

Grandma also brought a pattern for me to work on so I will know how to sew with patterns also.

We did a good bit of it together and then she left the machine with me this week to see if I could figure out the next steps. So when I went into the living room to look for my pieces I found the front of the dress right where I left it but the back of the dress . . .

















. . . well that was more of a challenge to find.

I think the dogs have felt neglected lately and sometimes they act out (especially Bella) to get our attention. Luckily there were no pins in that piece.

There was no damage.
But once I found all my pieces, I realized I was not a sewing prodigy because I could not do a darn thing without guidance from the sewing master and the one tiny thing I did on my own, I'm pretty sure I messed it up. That may be why I stopped writing this post and focused more on the upcoming vacation. Also, getting ready for vacation totally stresses me out! Why is that?

I plan to post about the 4th of July weekend as soon as I get some pictures from my madre.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Morgan, hang in there and don't give up. If you have the pattern package there should be some step by step instructions with diagrams on how to sew the garment. If I lived closer I would love to come and help you out. I use to sew all my kids clothes and did a wardrobe of Barbie doll clothes for my girls and nieces. Good Luck! Lela is precious! Charlotte

Mrs. Sullivan said...

I'm so glad Lela feels comfortable enough with me to do that while I'm holding her. Ha!

Miss you, Morgan. Thanks for posting these pictures! You and Lela are beautiful ladies.