Lela, you are three months old today!
- You are 11 pounds and 22 inches long.
- You have mostly grown out of your newborn clothes and wear 0-3 months clothes now. Clothes labeled just 3 months are usually too big for you.
- You are great at holding your head up and we now pick you up under your arms (instead of holding your head).
- You love standing up (with our assistance of course) and you seem to be trying to walk or go somewhere all the time.
- You have attempted rolling over but you haven't completed it successfully on your own yet.
- You have begun to wake up at 3:00 am the last couple weeks demanding to be fed. I am hoping it's just a growth spurt and not a new routine :)
- You still eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours during the day.
- You like to go places but this summer heat will make you mad in a heartbeat.
- You've stayed in the nursery many times and the workers always say "she was a doll!"
- When you hear mine or daddy's voice you look around to see where we are and always grin with satisfaction when you find us.
- You are a talker and your little coos are beginning to sound more like words.
- You laughed a real laugh today while daddy played peek-a-boo with you.
You are growing so fast and
I find myself anxiously awaiting
each milestone as it approaches.
But I'm careful not to wish
the time away because it
goes quickly anyway.
Seeing your sweet face makes
me smile instantly and you
make the hardest days more than
bearable when your face says
you're glad to see me.