Lela, you are four months old!
- You are 13 pounds 9 ounces and 24 inches long!
- You still fit in some 0-3 month clothes and 3 month clothes always fit you. You can even fit in some 3-6 month clothes.
- You have learned to roll over (yay!) from your back to your tummy, but haven't quite mastered the reverse. We can hardly keep you from doing it ;)
- When you used to stand up before, you now jump constantly in our grip and you love trying the same action in your Johnny Jump-Up and your Exersaucer.
- Every time you're on your tummy, you move your legs like you're ready to crawl. There is no arm movement yet, but I'm sure you'll get it down soon.
- You still wake up around 3 a.m. but not every night, and I can usually get you back to sleep without a feeding.
- You are still exclusively eating breast milk every 3 hours (sometimes you go 4 hours). (We might try some cereal next week!)
- You do great traveling but you always fuss when we put you in your car seat.
- The doctor is always impressed with you and she says she can tell you are a smart baby (that is apparently why we struggle to get you to sleep at night).
- We said goodbye to your cradle (you were getting a little big for it) because you are now sleeping exclusively in your crib.
- You do great in the nursery and staying with babysitters and everyone says "she's such a good baby!"
- Just about anything will make you smile and your laugh is getting bigger everyday.
- You are hardly ever still for any length of time and your personality is coming out more and more . . .
- Your laugh is infectious and I have a feeling you are going to be a bit of a comedian.
- You have developed a love for music that I hope will blossom with age.
You give me new joy everyday and you are constantly surprising me.
Watching you grow and learn makes me marvel at God's precious creation.
You have such a sweet spirit that I know God will use in a great way someday.
I pray that your life would glorify God and make His name known, and I think you are already doing that.