October 23, 2008

All Grown Up

Last night I realized that our little Tatum (our car) had reached a milestone in her life. She know has 10,000 miles on her! Wow, and just after 5 months. I'm so proud . . . they grow up too fast.

Actually, I noticed the mileage long before last night because this milestone means some very important preventative maintenance measures such as an oil change and rotating and balancing the tires (which, by the way, I wouldn’t even mention but Toyota totally freaked us out about missing these maintenance measures by telling us unrealistic maintenance horror stories and so it is forever ingrained in my mind.) But it wasn’t until last night that I realized that Tatum is so young and she’s already achieved so much. She’s like a prodigy.

For those of you that think I’m taking this vehicular personification too far, I’ll think about the therapy, I really will . . .

3 comments:

Courtney said...

you are so cute! YAY for Tatum's special milestone!

Christopher said...

That's awesome, because my Pathfinder (which regretfully doesn't have a name) just passed 100,000 miles this week! After that long together, you'd think we'd have a name for him (and it's definitely a him). Maybe you could help us think of one, especially since you have his license plate memorized.

Molly Swanson said...

haha! yay! you are so funny. I got your text the other day and it was so great to hear from you! I will miss you tomorrow, but I totally understand. I can't wait to see you next time you're in town!