May 8, 2008

Nathan's Commissioning

Yay! I got the pictures! So as I said in my previous post, Nathan was commissioned on May 2nd at the Seminary. Well, he was actually commissioned a week before that (April 25th) in the recruiters office because they wanted him to do it as soon as possible. So we took our time and prepared a nice service at the Seminary a week later for all the family to come to. Enjoy.


Here is Nathan affirming his allegiance to the Constitution (and the top of my head).


This Dr. Vann. He works at the Seminary as a Professor and he was also an Army Chaplain.


Nathan got up and said a few words about his call to the chaplaincy . . .



. . . and then they asked me to say something which I was not expecting so of course I laughed because I was uncomfortable :)

Here we are grazing on the food.


Dr. Vann telling a very compelling story.



Nathan and I holding his certificate from the Navy.

Here is the Etheredge/Wolfe Family with Nathan and I.

And last but not least, the Clardy Family.

1 comment:

Molly Swanson said...

Hey Mo! Thanks for commenting on my blog! What you wrote was so encouraging...thank you! You looked so gorgeous on your wedding day in white (great choice!) I made this particular book for my Mema, but I would love to make one just for you if you are interested :). I'm also so proud of you and Nathan and I wanted to tell you that you look so beautiful in the pictures. lots of love! -molly olly