September 26, 2011

Eighteen Months Old

Lela, you are eighteen months old!
  • You weigh 23 lbs.
  • We just switched to size 4 diapers.
  • You have decided one nap is enough for you, but that may be because you have a habit of sleeping until 10 am or later!
  • You are so happy when you wake up and you sometimes play in your bed for 30 minutes or more. You obviously found your shirt entertaining this day :)

  • Unfortunately, you also found chewing on your bed entertaining as well and despite our efforts to cover the rails on your bed you pulled off the covers and consequently got the touch-up marker all over your nose and mouth.

  • When you go to bed at night you sometimes insist that we put "Bubba" to bed first before you'll go to bed.
  • You are talking up a storm. You can say a lot of things but the one I hear the most is probably "Elmo.""Cookie" and "Ish" are a close second.
  • You have figured out how to get down from the couch and you can just almost climb up it.
  • You are definitely a climber and you are sometimes very creative in how you climb on things.

  • You frequently take me by the hand (or finger) and lead me where you want me to go which is usually the play room or the front door because you want to go outside.
  • You love your Bubba and sometimes ask to hold him or lay with him.

  • You have decided potty training is interesting but we are not actively potty training you just yet.
  • Taking your picture this time was a breeze because I could actually explain to you that I was just taking your picture and not puttingyou down for a nap. I could also tell you to smile and pose and you gladly obliged :)
  • You had your first experience with the ice cream man recently and you thought that was pretty cool. You got a Dora the Explorer ice cream which is quickly becoming your second favorite character next to Elmo.I may have gone overboard on the pictures this time but you do so many funny things and make so many faces, I wanted to remember it all.
You are such a sweet and fun girl and it's crazy and kind of sad to think about how big you are. I just know I'm going to blink one day and you'll be a teenager!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is growing up so fast! I can't wait to see you all! Love, Mimi

Nathan said...

I love our kids so much. Each of those pictures makes me smile and want to hang out with y'all so much. But I've got to make the chicken nuggets.

Danielle said...

She's beautiful! We need to have dinner together soon. We miss you guys!