Lela, you are one year old!!
- You are 17.9 pounds (according to thedoctor, not my scale. Yay!).
- You wear mostly 9 months clothes and most 12 month clothes are too big for you.
- You are still in size 3 diapers.
- You are a full time walker and I'm having a hard time keeping up with you!
- You love to open the cabinets and pull out all the things you shouldn't play with.
- You babble all the time and you already have a big sense of humor.
- You love an audience and you know how to keep everyone's attention.
- You have a habit of finding pacis and keeping them in your mouth ALL THE TIME. But fortunately it doesn't seem to bother you when we take it from you. I guess we have to be better at hiding them from you.
- You are continuing your big girl approach to bed time and nap time and I can lay you down with minimal rocking and you don't cry, even if you're awake (which is always the case since my the combination of my height and my baby bump prevents me from getting you all the way in your crib without dropping you the last couple inches :/ )
- You are also taking two naps in the morning and afternoon.
- My prediction about breastfeeding was right and you gave it up completely a few weeks ago. We started you on whole milk a couple weeks early since you weren't getting the breast milk.
- You're not as crazy about food these days (thank goodness) but you do have a tendency to be picky. But as long as I've got bananas around, you're happy.
- You still have separation anxiety when we leave you in the nursery but the reaction doesn't seem to be as intense.
- You are beginning to understand a lot of what we say to you and you respond appropriately. Like I can say "Go get the ball," and you'll get it and bring it to me. When we say "relax" you lean all the way back and lay your head against the wall.
- We have added brushing your teeth to your daily routine and you love to hold the toothbrush and suck all the toothpaste off of it.
- You have proved to be a bit of a climber. You always trying to figure out how to get on top of things. You got a stool for your birthday and instead of sitting on it you try to stand on it and use it as a step to get on top of other things!
- Taking your picture was a bit of a challenge this time around and our first attempt was a complete failure. This is the best we got.
It ended immediately after this picture and I'm fairly certain I caught you in the very act that ruined the photo shoot. For some reason your diaper didn't hold all your "deposits" and when I picked up after this picture, the bed and the teddy bear were all wet! Somehow your clothes stayed dry, but after changing the sheets I was not in the mood to take any more pictures % )
It's amazing to see all the things you've accomplished since you came into the world and I can't believe it's already been a whole year. I know you will be a great big sister and I can't wait to see the girl you will become.