Lela, you are 9 months old!
(Let me say I realize this is extremely late but I figure its better late than never!)
- You officially weigh 16 lbs 9 oz. That's only a 5 ounce gain in two months! But it is apparently fairly normal for babies' weight to fluctuate between 6 and 9 months because they have become more active. I have to admit I was worried but Dr. Shirley said it's normal and just to increase her calories. You are growing well in all other areas.
- You wear some 6 month clothes and some 6-9 month clothes.
- You are in size 3 diapers.
- You are crawling fast and easily walking around furniture with support. You are more comfortable walking around while Daddy or I hold only one of your hands.
- You are a great sleeper. Sometimes you'll wake up in the night but you will put yourself back to sleep. We have even put you down for the night while you were still awake and you put yourself to sleep!
- You have started staying up after your 6:30 feeding though and not going back to sleep until 10:00 or 10:30.
- You are breastfeeding less and less.
- I have started feeding you three meals a day and giving you snacks twice a day. You have learned to feed yourself Cheerios!
- You usually take a least one nap during the day and then you'll get sleepy around dinner time but we try to keep you awake because you won't sleep well at night otherwise.
- You do good when I leave you in the nursery. You are only really clingy to me after we get back from vacation and you haven't had as much attention from me.
- You are babbling a lot and seems like you respond to our words like you know what we're saying sometimes. Every now and then it sounds like you say "hi"
- You have starting waving "hi" and "bye" and you love to shake your head "no" every time we tell you "no."
- You love to play with all the things you're not supposed to play with and you are so busy all the time!
- You love to dance every time you hear music and you are such a fun loving personality.
I know I didn't do the crib picture this time around. I figure I've missed it so badly that I'm actually closer to her 10 month birthday so the picture will not show much progress. I might change my mind later but this is all I've got for now.