October 20, 2010

Poly-Vi-Sol Disaster

When I went to change Lela's diaper this morning, this is what I found:

It was her vitamin bottle, almost completely full, turned over on her changing table and of course it wasn't closed all the way.
It got all under the changing pad and on the wood underneath. Luckily the wood is just covered plywood and the liquid didn't reach the holes in the table that accommodate the straps underneath. If that had happened, everything under the table would have been soaked which includes diapers and clothes and blankets.
If you've ever had an experience with Poly-Vi-Sol, you know that it stinks and tastes horribly bad. It is nearly toxic! On top of that I was cleaning Lela's baby food maker with vinegar in the kitchen so our house had some funky smells going on this morning. Nathan walked in at lunchtime and said "What is that smell?"

Well, everything is cleaned up now, but I think Lela's room is going to smell like her favorite vitamin for a while.

Anyway, changing gears, last night Lela and Nathan were playing on the floor and she refused to crawl or scoot on the floor. She would go a little ways and then sit up and try to stand up.
She's so crazy! I don't know what I'm going to do with myself when she starts walking, and I don't think that's too far away!

Oh, and here's a new picture of the herb garden:

The cilantro is the foreground and the basil is in the back.

That's all I got.

No comments: