September 1, 2010

A Few Items of Business

Much has happened during my little bloggy break and I feel the need to inform everyone in list format:

1. The day after my declared break from blogging, Nathan decided to start a blog of his own. I added him to the list of "Blogs I Read" on the right-hand column of my blog. And if you're too lazy to scroll, here's the link: http://abaldyouthpastor.blogspot.com/. I'm fairly certain he already has more posts than my whole blog . . . and I mean that in a good way.

2. I did in fact pick up my computer last night. I don't think I really explained that my reason for taking it to the Genuis Bar was to repair the crack described in my post about taking a break. Anyway, they gave me a whole new palm rest and track pad and keyboard so it looks so shiny and new!

But I am not too fond of visiting the Apple Store when I actually have something to get done because everyone else in the world always decides to go at the same time I go! Also the Apple Store is not like a regular store. You don't walk in, look around, pick up your merchandise, and take it to the check-out counter. No. Because they are all about customer service (which they usually do a really good job at) they have employees all throughout the store ready to help you get from point A to point D all the way up to checking you out. So if you need to do ANY LITTLE THING you have to find an employee from the beginning. Needless to say, all of the ten Apple employees were occupied when I walked in the door because apparently, along with myself, no one else has anything to do on a Tuesday night but go to the Apple Store! I'm not bitter, really. I just hate being that person that stands around looking awkward because I don't know what else to do.

3. Last but not least, the dishwasher is fixed! They didn't bring me a whole new dishwasher, just a new power cord. But, for some reason, it took them three separate trips to my apartment to figure out that's what they needed to do. I told them from the beginning the power cord was severed but I guess I can't blame them for not listening to the crazy lady with two dogs and baby who changes her clothes every time they leave.

And because I was scolded for not having a picture of Lela in one of my posts yesterday, here ya go:

No comments: